Sunday, June 3

It's been a long week of mixed feelings among mixed weather.

Yesterday was a great day. What gave me the greatest happiness was a Metro station musician -- a good-looking young lad with an acoustic guitar covering Jeff Buckley's 'Hallelujah.' Ah, bliss.




I need more social interaction than what I have been getting lately. To help cope with this I watched a movie with Rodrigo on Thursday night, went out with Julian on Friday (The Pop-in and OPA), had dinner and drinks (absinthe, again) with Brigeth on Saturday (La Maison Rose, La Fée Verte, Planète Mars, Some Girls [which, ironically, was all men]), and brunched with Amanda this morning (La Fée Verte). The problem with this solution is that I have less time for my work -- there just isn't enough time in a day. I know that it's crunch time for school, but it is also the last few weeks I have to experience Paris. Hopefully I can work a good balance. Frankly, I'm ready to be graduated.



The current Citizen K and the Parisian Vogue amaze me. Compared to American magazines, these two are highly intellectual. I read article after article in them that basically recapitulated the past three years of my college career. There was an article on the doctor in New York who owns Napoleon's penis. Another discussed Japanese national identity as expressed through the representation of food in manga. Contemporary art, philosophy, literature. What gives?




I worked out a deal with my host family to split the cost of Internet. Hopefully we can get it set up within the next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last three years of college were about Napoleon's penis?

Katie said...

Only my last!