Monday, February 26

This was the day that the class tried to go to the Grand Gallery at the Louvre and failed. The overly empowered coat check clerks were the first to refuse us. At least we were able to eat (un sandwich poulet et curry). Afterward, Monica and I ran off to le tour Eiffel to meet with other Michiganders. It took us awhile, but we ended up at a restaurant not long before I had to return home for dinner. That night, ma mère cooked spaghetti and meatballs and shared some Bordeaux. Finally, une baguette! This was the night I was first instructed to keep my bread on the table and not my plate, where it ruins the bread’s taste.
Here is a picture of my school's courtyard.

Objective Truth: The majority of restaurants and stores play American pop music. For example, the café I sit in currently is playing Boy George. Ma mère told me that this is because American pop music is much better than French.

No comments: