Sunday, February 18

Preface

This is a record of my time spent studying abroad. The information that follows is personal in that it documents the events, ruminations, and emotional fluxations I experience during these four months. Through my journaling I hope to expand upon my understanding of taste, a particularly telling concept when considered within the fields of art history and appreciation.

I use this word in two ways. The first is in reference to the development of personal preference. The second is in terms of sensory experience. For example, the fruits of life can be simultaneously sweet and bitter. How we perceive or digest these sensations often defines our sense of self. Here is a taste, if you will, of my partaking in a foreign culture for a limited amount of time. Exposed to only a taste of the Parisien lifestyle, I will do my best to record and, given time and interest, analyze the sensory experiences fed to me.

No comments: