Sunday, May 6

I wasn't able to get to Barcelona or Berlin this weekend like I had wanted, but it was a good time nonetheless.

Friday night I convinced my new roommate Carin to accompany me to La Fleche d'Or. We didn't get there in time to see any of the bands and the dj played only techno. We danced anyway. Carin went home around 2, shortly after my friend Julien arrived with Xavier and Marie. After dancing a bit more, we departed Fleche d'Or for Truskel, a rock bar with a small room for dancing. Background information: I met Julien the first time I went to Fleche d'Or -- he grew up in Montreal and now he's working in Paris as a photographer's assistant. He claims to love my American accent.

Saturday morning I unpacked and settled into my new bedroom. After a half hour of thumbing through the Parisian Vogue, I had to run out to Sephora and buy some dark blue eyeshadow so that I could achieve this season's smokey eye. Blue eyeshadow is one of those that I never thought would be a purchase of my own accord.

The following evening lacked in dancing but not in company. I met Julien and several of his friends at Les Couleurs, a bar near Oberkampf. Both nights Julien gave me a ride home on his Vespa. If I ever live in Europe, nothing would stop me from buying a scooter. It is a way to experience the city in a completely new way. My interest in Paris has increased tenfold since my first ride. At the time (wet from the rain, slightly intoxicated, euphoric from dancing all night long), I thought of plenty romantic things to write about the city. Am I able to remember any of them? Not a chance.

To research: chicha. Someone told me (albeit in French) it was a genre of film, but Google tells me it's a beverage.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

So let's see the smoky eye.