Friday, May 11

mac·a·roon (mk-rn)
n.
1. A chewy cookie made with sugar, egg whites, and almond paste or coconut.
2. Heaven. (See: pistachio)

[French macaron, from Italian dialectal maccarone, dumpling, macaroni.]





I have taken a great liking to macaroons and meringue. I think these sugary delights are what I will miss the most (should I ever leave).


Today I had un sandwich du pays. It was the first time I have eaten (and sort of enjoyed) pickles. First tomatoes and electro-rock, then olives and techno, and now pickles and Prince. Who am I?

5 comments:

Parisian Cowboy said...

Salut Katie,

You should go to the Pierre Hermé shop on the rue Bonaparte or the rue de Vaugirard (n°185). Believe me, you'll find there the best macarons in town.

Parisian Cowboy said...

Hey ! This is so funny I have to write another comment ! I read your blog and found the post about the Bonnie Prince Billy show. I was behind you in the queue and witnessed the whole scene and the conversation about France and ist political system... and it was a very good concert indeed. OK, I have to stop writting comment (there's another on the Billy post). Have a nice week-end

Ellie said...

Who are you? Clearly more than you had thought.

Parisian Cowboy said...

I am a just a cowboy, baby, and did not meant more than I wrote.

Ellie said...

oops. sorry. I meant that for Katie.