Monday, March 5



A terrible day. I left early for France Handling, the company who apparently was holding my suitcase hostage. I had to take a train out of central Paris and to Parc des Expositions, an exhibition complex currently featuring an international agriculture show. Once there, I was instructed to take a bus out to some industrial park, where I had to march through a half mile of swamp. I finally found the company, but they had closed their reception for lunch and refused to talk to me until their hour was finished. When they finally opened, I paid my 184€ and received my bag. They called a cab for me and I was driven back to the agriculture show, where I took the train into central Paris and straight to class. It was a very frustrating and degrading experience, especially when a parking lot full of truckers howled at me in French. For dinner? Some sort of chicken dish.

Objective Truth: Some languages operate on an international, cross-cultural level.

Song: M. Ward - Right In The Head

No comments: