Saturday, March 10

There is a laundromat only a block from my house. It costs 3.50€ to wash each load and a few euros to dry them. This is the first time a sock of mine has been eaten by the laundry, so I left a note asking the man who used the machine after me to leave my sock if he found it mixed with his own.


Across the street from the laundromat is a boucherie. Here is an incredibly well-behaved dog waiting patiently for some scraps.


After laundry, I went up to le Marais in effort to exchange a headband at American Apparel and find another café with wi-fi. I picked up a sandwich at a local boulangerie, which had these amazing desserts. How could anyone turn down religieuse chocolat for only 3€?




It was an absolutely beautiful day. I spent much of the afternoon in a park among lots of cute dogs, babies, and couples picnicking on the grass. It was nearing perfection when the wind blew away my Caroline Weber and I was forced to engage in pursuit. This park also had tables for ping-pong, which, in France, is apparently only played by hipsters.


I traversed the city to Starbucks, where the internet failed me. My next try was McDonalds, but again, I had no luck. I gave up my search and stopped at the Trocadero for a Nutella and banana crêpe. Later that evening I met with Schane for a beer and made it home by 2:30 am.

Song: Jóhann Jóhannsson - The Sun’s Gone Dim and the Sky’s Turned Black